Thursday, November 3, 2011

Queanbeyan 2011 - Swap meet, All Ford and All Holden day

A few weeks ago I went over to Queanbeyan for its annual two day Swapmeet and car show. Now normally its the All Ford Day on the Saturday and the American Car show on the Sunday. This year the promoter had the All Ford Day AND All GM Day on the Saturday.... 
Parked the P76 and headed onto the oval, rows and rows of nice old cars. This red Mustang caught my eye - it has diplomatic plates and lambo style doors. 
Nice black Mustang





Only a few T-Birds this year, such a nice shape. 



Nice blue paint, car sounded impressive.
Not sure if this is a genuine Sprint or not, the Sprint was a proto-Mustang with a 289 V8 under the hood. 




I really like this car. reverse hood scoop, air dam, V8 prob a 390. This would be a great highway cruiser. 
This car on the other hand... Thats a mighty impressive blower setup. only makes 759.8 horsepower though...

Sole XA-B-C Coupe. Very straight XC











I dont know if this is a factory or custom sports version of the Ford van. Im curious t know what mods have been performed to the engine and running gear. 

Is this woody sweet or what! 49 Ford two door wagon. One of my favourite cars on the day. 
Always a nice selection of the luxo-barge Fords. 


One of a handful of English Fords. Its sad that this par of our motoring history isn't valued as much as the American side. Plenty of US Fords are imported - very few UK Fords are imported or restored. 
Australia only Ford Mainline ute. 
GTS Monaro
Black steel bumper 'vette



The Corvair is an interesting vehicle. The US response to the Volkswagen. 
Theres a flat six packed in there. A little more complex than a Volksie engine. 
Nice HD with a much later 80's era EFI system grafted to the red motor. 
Black Firebird - still bearing the garish hood Eagle
I always have a  soft spot for cars with flames. Nice old EK Holden
AMC Rambler Rebel. Very clean and original. 
I always enjoy the swap meet side, plenty of old sheds are emptied out and parts migrate from one to another. If you needed a rusty generator - this is the place to look. 
Thats how to camp. Want to be careful getting up at 4 AM for a pee though, that first step is a doozie. 
Plenty of interesting cars scattered among the swap meet vendors. This EH Panelvan caught my eye.
Louvres masterfully punched into this EK Ute bonnet.
$5500 bucks and this old FX is yours. It looked to be all there, but very rough. 
Ive seen this old Sunbeam motorbike at a few local swapmeets recently. The owner wants $3500 for it. 

See Also:
Queanbeyan Swapmeet and American Car Show 2011 (coming soon)

6 comments:

  1. Great photos! The swap meet was huge last year! Got some good bargains!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for sharing the list. it’s really helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can’t believe this. A great testimony that i must share to all HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS patient in the world i never believed that their could be any complete cure for Herpes or any cure for herpes,i saw people’s testimony on blog sites of how dr Ero prepare herbal medicine that cure and brought them back to life again. i had to try it too and you can,t believe that in just few weeks i started using it all my pains stop gradually and i had to leave without the pills the doctor gave to me. Right now i can tell you that few months now i have not had any pain,delay in treatment leads to death. Here is his email:(dreroherbaltreatment@gmail.com) whatsapp him with +2348073673757 or text/call me 650) 653-8578....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I has suffered for Human papillomavirus HPV) for 2years, I was given some tablets at the hospital but I refused to take it, They said I have to be on it for life so I don't want take a drugs everyday for life. No point in taking medicine everyday when u won't get cure from it and I was advice to seek for natural herbal cure, after some time I found dr onokun is the most trustful herbalist that have herbs to cure wicked symptom's,I emailed dr onokun, for 2weeks been his patient he cured my (HPV) with his herbal. I only used his natural herbs for two weeks it was 100% cure. I'm not (HPV) patient anymore. I'm happy about it i finally got cured out of this mess been in my body for 2years. I also recommend you if you're living with (HPV) or herpes symptoms i also want you to be free contact dr onokun with the email attach to my post. Dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm super excited! I finally got rid of my HSV-1. I got diagnosed of herpes  from my husband who never told me he had the virus. I got tested at first when i first had the virus and i My doctors prescribed Antiviral medicine for me which really helped me a lot in suppressing the virus. I finally got cured using herbal protocol ordered from Dr Onokun an African herbalist. I used his Products and it completely fought the virus and was tested negative. You can DM the herbalist for help if needed. via email  Dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com His medicine is 100% strong and active in eliminated herpes permanently. I can 't explain my feelings right now. I'm supper excited.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 5 years ago I had warts, I was treated with some liquid applied to the warts they continued to grow and spread... The next 2 doctors did laser surgery to remove them. 1 year after the surgery, they grew back close to where the 1st ones were' so I was finally told it was hpv. I have had it for very long time, I contract it from my cheated boyfriend and I found out he was also infected and I end up the relationship between us. the warts was so embarrasses because it started spreading all over I have be dealing with this things for very long time the last treatment I take was About 2 years ago I applied natural treatment from Dr onokun herbal cure, a week after applying the treatment all the warts was gone. it's now 2 years and some months I don't have single wart or any symptoms of hpv. wow"" it's great, Dr onokun has finally cured me. Anyone living with hpv contact Dr onokun for natural treatment.
    His email address: dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com  

    ReplyDelete