Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Summernats 2012 - Hot Rods!

Summernats is the Street Machine festival, with a culture quite different to that of the 'Hot Rod' set, but in recent years, there has been a conscious effort to include hot rods in the Summernats festival. Street machine even publishes an annual 'Hot Rod' magazine, to appeal to the street machine and rodder communities. I'm a bit of a purist and don't like fibreglass rods, regarding them as 'kit cars'. So, I dont want to know if any of these cars are glass, sometimes its better not to know. These are the best rods I saw at Summernats 25 this year, and although I'm not a rat rod fan, there was one that caught my eye. 
I took a few photos of this T bucket rod but none came out well enough to post, fortunately Billy came to my rescue!
 Kids love rods!
 It takes a lot of work to look this good.
 Bold.
 Old school - ticks all the boxes for me.
 Award winner. 
 I like to see english cars represented - few and far between. 
 utilities are always practical
 even though the plate says 'rat' its more of an old school rod
 you see this is a 'rat' rod - I don't really like it - its a case of 'slap it together' I think

 This rat rod does work for me - very cool
34 3 Window coupe.
Nice sombrero.
See also:

Summernats 2012 - De Tomaso Panteras

Summernats 2012 - GM cars that arent Holdens

Summernats 2012 - How to get banned from Summernats - NUKINFUTS Gemini burnout

Summernats 2012 - Holdens

4 comments: